Directive Games was founded in 2014 by a group of industry veterans coming together from various AAA studios where they contributed to building some of the most iconic franchises over the last 20+ years. Over the years, we have developed a proprietary backend tech stack and are fascinated by any technology that enables and facilitates the creation of large persistent online universes that transcend the boundaries of our digital lives. We are currently developing a cross-platform (PC, Mobile, Web) massively multiplayer augmented reality blockchain game that allows players to build an entire virtual civilization from the ground up. If you are a like-minded developer interested in P2E games, we would love to hear from you.
We have offices in Reykjavik, Shanghai, and Los Angeles but accept applications from anyone willing to work remotely.
Do you want to apply your leadership skills, game knowledge, and design experience to guide the game experience of one of the most ambitious game projects around? As a team member, you're expected to collaborate with other disciplines and be proactive in how we work. Finding the fun in the games we build is something you enjoy.
We believe you have:
- 5+ years of game design experience on published AA/AAA games, including shipping a game in a senior or lead game designer role.
- Must have experience in supervising a game design team.
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
And that you are:
- Driven in your quest for fantastic gameplay.
- Leading by example.
- Actively voicing ideas and opinions to the team in a constructive manner.
- Taking available opportunities to help and support team members.
- Communicating clearly and responsively.
- Empathizing with the users of each system and their workflows.
- Able to resolve conflicts effectively.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the game mechanics developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment.
- Plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team.
- Drive and follow-up on prototyping (both digital and paper-based) with other game designers and programmers.
- Communication of project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members.
- Supervision and responsibility of your team, providing clear and structured project documents to ensure that gameplay intentions are understood, and that team members are working efficiently.
- Carry out performance follow-ups and assessments of direct reports.
- Participate in the selection of team members.
We would also love:
- Unreal Engine knowledge.
- Knowledge of scripting/programming.
- Level Design experience.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying