General Manager/Product Management Director(Singapore)
Directive Games was founded in 2014 by a group of industry veterans coming together from various AAA studios where they contributed to building some of the most iconic franchises over the last 20+ years. Over the years, we have developed a proprietary backend tech stack and are fascinated by any technology that enables and facilitates the creation of large persistent online universes that transcend the boundaries of our digital lives. We are currently developing a cross-platform (PC, Mobile, Web) massively multiplayer augmented reality blockchain game that allows players to build an entire virtual civilization from the ground up. If you are a like-minded developer interested in P2E games, we would love to hear from you.
We have offices in Reykjavik, Shanghai, Singapore, and Los Angeles.
What You’ll Do:
The Studio GM/Product Management Director will be responsible for owning and driving the studio’s vision, as well as managing multiple international relationships in alignment with the strategies of Directive Games and their products.
Priorities will change over time in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities.
- Drive the strategy of the game and business plan from early feature and content production to live operations, validating that we are hitting core KPI’s, staying on budget, and meeting milestones/deadlines.
- Understand the “big picture” of the game; actively make decisions that balance tradeoffs and keep in mind quality and risk. You will be responsible for seeing the game through the eyes of the player and ensuring the team creates a stellar experience, while remaining aligned with business goals.
- Be the vision holder for the studio, ensuring alignment across the organization and with external partners. Empower our diverse talent to execute against a clearly defined and communicated vision.
- Deliver timely and regular feedback to ensure the game and the team are always growing and improving.
- Create a culture of individual discipline, accountability and open communication.
- Tackle the obstacles. When roadblocks come up, you will be the “go-to” person for removing impediments. Identify and remove any obstacles that block the progress of your team – from logistical issues to differences of opinion to changes in-game requirements based on live data or organizational priorities.
- Build passion and momentum. Communicate your vision within your team, across Directive Games and externally to players.
- Attract, develop, inspire, and lead high performers, creating a culture that motivates and retains the world-class talent required for success.
- Look for new opportunities in developing areas of the real gaming/competition games market, using advanced technologies, Directive Games resources as well as a deep understanding of the ever-evolving market.
- Work in deep partnership with central groups, leveraging consumer insights and market feedback, as well as platform and channel expertise to drive effective, go-to-market strategies.
Success in the role will include:
- Building out a core team to support the main operations in Reykjavik, Shanghai, Singapore and Los Angeles.
- Aligning the core product with the expectations of the customers and staying ahead of trends in mobile/web3 gaming.
- The role will be based in Singapore and will report to the company CEO & COO.
- The candidate will be expected to travel.
- The successful candidate will have a strong mix of creative, technical, innovative, and managerial experience from the real gaming/competitive games space.
- 10+ years experience managing significant sized P&Ls; prior leadership experience, including significant exposure to C-suite.
- Strong record and accomplishment overseeing and launching games, excited about web3 space & gaming.
- Adaptable with the ability to collaborate and efficiently lead a mildly distributed team, without dictating.
- Balance of creative; innovative flair rooted in strong commercial acumen.
- Sees the big picture and can articulate it to others while also developing, inspiring, and leading high performers within the group.
- Enjoys an interactive and agile work environment and collaborates well with various work styles.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, the ability to project manage, and work effectively under deadlines and in complex business environments.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying