Directive Games was founded in 2014 by a group of industry veterans coming together from various AAA studios where they contributed to building some of the most iconic franchises over the last 20+ years. Over the years, we have developed a proprietary backend tech stack and are fascinated by any technology that enables and facilitates the creation of large persistent online universes that transcend the boundaries of our digital lives. We are currently developing a cross-platform (PC, Mobile, Web) massively multiplayer augmented reality blockchain game that allows players to build an entire virtual civilization from the ground up. If you are a like-minded developer interested in P2E games, we would love to hear from you.
We have offices in Reykjavik, Shanghai, and Los Angeles but accept applications from anyone willing to work remotely.
Do you want to apply your programming skills to build and improve web apps and web app systems? As a team member, you're expected to collaborate with other disciplines and be proactive in how we work. Being part of finding the "how" and the "why" in the solutions we build is something you enjoy.
We believe you have:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4 years minimum software engineering experience, 3 years minimum experience with React.js, Next.js, Node.js, and related technologies.
- Familiarity with multiple aspects of React/Next.js development, including frameworks like Webpack, Redux, Enzyme, and Flux.
- Familiar with DevOps tools like Terraform, Docker, and common CI-toolchains.
- The ability to analyze, improve and extend a large established codebase.
- Experience in debugging and performance testing web-based applications.
And that you are:
- Actively voicing ideas and opinions to the team in a constructive manner.
- Taking available opportunities to help and support team members
- Communicating clearly and responsively.
- Empathizing with the users of each system and their workflows.
- Able to resolve conflicts effectively.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing web-based software systems through collaboration with engineers, designers, and artists and deploying and monitoring said software.
- Coordinating work between multiple people, crossing disciplinary boundaries.
- Working with the backend team to collaborate on API requirements for new functionality.
- Participating in design and code reviews.
- Following and enforcing group standards and best practices.
- Continually expanding knowledge of new game technologies and systems.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying