Directive Games was founded in 2014 by a group of industry veterans coming together from various AAA studios where they contributed to building some of the most iconic franchises over the last 20+ years. Over the years, we have developed a proprietary backend tech stack and are fascinated by any technology that enables and facilitates the creation of large persistent online universes that transcend the boundaries of our digital lives. We are currently developing a cross-platform (PC, Mobile, Web) massively multiplayer augmented reality blockchain game that allows players to build an entire virtual civilization from the ground up. If you are a like-minded developer interested in P2E games, we would love to hear from you
We have offices in Reykjavik, Shanghai and Los Angeles but accept application from anyone will to work remotely.
Do you want to apply your leadership skills, game knowledge and design experience to guide the game experience of one of the most ambitious projects around? As a team member, you're expected to collaborate with other disciplines and be proactive in how we work. Finding the fun in the games we build is something you enjoy.
We believe you have:
- 3+ years of game design experience, including experience as a game designer on at least one shipped PC/console/mobile game
- Strong proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Proven track record in content and systems design
- Experience in Game Balancing
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
And that you are:
- Actively voicing ideas and opinions to the team in a constructive manner
- Taking available opportunities to help and support team members
- Communicating clearly and responsively
- Empathizing with the users of each systems and their workflows
- Able to resolve conflicts in an effective manner
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating, standardizing, and document game systems and mechanics.
- Regularly updating documentation to offer a useful work reference to the whole team.
- Implementing, play-test and refine assigned game design features with consideration to gameplay motivation, difficulty, optimization and overall quality.
- Participating actively in the production of prototypes in order to adjust and validate systems prior to starting production.
- Participating in the development of tools required to implement and adjust game systems in collaboration with Programmers
- Performing any other related tasks, as required.
We would also love:
- Unreal Engine knowledge
- Knowledge of scripting/programming
- Level Design experience
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying